Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 6 April 2019

Sunny.

It's been sunny all day with a good drying wind. Out of the wind, which was blowing from the north-east it felt quite hot. 
After the usual round of jobs I swept the two old decks and then went over them with decking stain. If it's dry tomorrow I'll do the second coat. I doubt if there'll be much left in the tin after that so the rest of the decking will have to wait until I buy some more. As I worked the church bells rang out for not one but two weddings. That set off the local dogs and even after the initial outburst was over the persistent culprit carried on.
It was too windy at the back to sit out so I stayed inside to carry on sewing the zip into Peter's coat. I've done two rows of hand stitching down one side only breaking one needle in the process and not drawing too much blood. Once the other side is done the coat will be fit for wearing in any weather. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love to hear church bells ringing. One of the churches in town have bells and they ring them every 12 noon and 6:OO in the evening. They play hymns. So pretty.