Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 29 April 2019

Drizzle.

Today I went to the bank and sent the contents of my piggy bank, metaphorically speaking, to the solicitor's account. That means that the sale is just about done, hooray. It took a long time at the bank because they were 'having trouble' with their IT system and I had to shift from one computer to another and then yet another before everything was done. No wonder we don't trust internet banking though I have to say they were careful to check that I hadn't been tricked or coerced into moving this money around and there were more security messages on the wall tv screen advising people that they will never phone and ask you to move money to a new account. I'm so cautious that the only way I can get into my savings account is to go to the bank in person.
Here are some more pictures of the bungalow. It's the one with the red tiled roof and a number of flat roofs all of which need replacing. The strange narrow back garden is filled with lean-tos, greenhouses and sheds but I'm hoping to transform it into a courtyard/Japanese garden. It looks quite crowded from the aerial view but the front garden is a decent size and the view goes on for miles.
Back to today - It was still raining lightly this morning as I walked into town clutching yet another bag of clothing for the charity shop. I first called into the vets' to pick up more steroid tablets for Speedy. At £8.50 I thought they cost more than a human prescription but on checking I see it is now £9.00 per item. (You can buy a 6 or 12 month ticket which gives unlimited items and works out a lot cheaper but the one perk of being over 60 is free prescriptions.)  The stockings are still on Speedy's feet and doing their job of protecting the bare/sore bits.
The blackbirds are frequent visitors to the bird feeder and didn't seem to mind my watching them through the window but as soon as I moved albeit very slowly, to pick up the camera they were off. The rain eased off later on so I carried on working in the front garden. I dug up a couple of varieties of crocosmia by the wall and in their place planted out some very straggly and bendy sunflowers. I only grew them for fun but have given them long canes for support. I also planted the small begonias and some big trailing begonias in the large planter only to hear on the radio that it is going to get vey cold tonight. I'm sure we won't have a frost.

1 comment:

happyone said...

I'm so excited for you and look forward to seeing all you do with the property.