Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 15 April 2019

Mostly Grey.

It's been a windy, mainly grey day with occasional patches of blue. It began raining in the evening as I took out our almost empty wheelie bin for tomorrow's collection.
I went out in the middle of the day to post a card. Instead of returning directly home I went around the block via Bradiford to stretch my legs and take a few photos.
Although my route took me under these trees with a strong wind and the evidence of many branches on the pavement I thought it safer to walk on the other side of the road. That was before I was tempted back again by the sight of some ewes and lambs in the meadow by the stream. 
In the afternoon I  went back up into the loft and sorted out more clothes, mainly fleeces this time and some sheets for the charity shop. I've kept a number of flat sheets as they may come in useful as dust sheets when we first move to the bungalow.
I was pleased when the lass, pregnant with her first child turned up after work for the pouffe. It wasn't heavy, just awkward so I helped her carry it out to her car. Good that it will be used for a little longer and the sitting room looks a lot roomier now. 
The wind was blowing the cherry blossom around like confetti. When I hung some washing out on the line there were white petals all over the back garden.
It was sad to turn on the news and hear that Notre Dame has been destroyed by fire. So much history lost. When I was about 4 years old I lived in Paris with my parents and one of my few memories of that time is of going to mass in the catherdral.

1 comment:

Lowcarb team member said...

So nice to see your photographs.
Yes, it was terrible seeing Notre Dame in flames.

All the best Jan