Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 17 April 2019

Warming Up.

The day began and ended with a chilly haze with sun during the main part of the day. It felt like there was a hint of the warm weather to come. The forecast is for the UK to be warmer than the Mediterranean this weekend which makes a nice change. 
I drove over to the dump to get rid of some garden waste and then on to various shops. It seems the warmer weather and the imminent Easter weekend has got everybody out gardening. The dump was full of cars and BJ's garden area was positively teeming. I've got sufficient seeds coming up at home not to need any new plants. Today I was after a very large, saucer shaped planter that I've had my eyes on for a while. I was thinking it would be a nice addition to the future courtyard garden. However when I looked at it today it didn't quite match the plastic pots the acers are in and at £30 was more expensive than I remembered so I didn't buy one.
When the grass had dried out Peter cut the grass as I hurt my back the last time I mowed and had to miss a Pilates class. Meanwhile I washed some of the painted areas in the back garden that had dirt splashed up or algae growing on them. We will only paint the walls/steps that need doing to tidy them up before we put this house on the market.
It was so nice that we sat outside for an hour. More chatting about our plans than actual reading. I spotted a lacewing sitting on the rosebush.
Cows have replaced the sheep on the nearby hill.

No comments: