Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 4 April 2019

April Showers.

It's been another day of sun and showers. I set off to walk into town, to deal with the chemist wearing; wellies - my posh blue ones not the size 12 steel toe-cap workmen's ones, my rain jacket and with a colourful golf umbrella slung over my shoulder. In the end I only had to put the umbrella up for a few brief showers but you never can tell. At the chemists' I was told they had only just had the prescription details electronically even though the senior pharmacist at the surgery told Peter she had sent them as they spoke yesterday. As for the non-arrival of the prescription request from the chemist, that is sent as a paper copy. Somebody is not being truthful. I had to wait for our prescriptions to be made up so off I went to browse the shops. Even then when I did collect the prescription one item was missing from my bag. Luckily those tables for my sinuses can be bought over the counter so I went to Boots and bought a small pack. Annoying when free prescriptions are the only benefit I get for being over 60. Peter will ring the surgery again to sort out those tablets. He rings because he worked in doctors' surgeries when he was doing his IT for the NHS and he knows some of the ways that they work. 
On my browsing through the charity shops I came across this fluffy fleece which I couldn't resist adding to my collection. In reality it is a deep purple and when I got home I saw that it is from M&S. No wonder it is of such nice quality. It was only £3 which is about the price of a cup of coffee so a pretty good bargain.
I also called in at a charity shop that has a lot of furniture as I'm thinking about replacing our very old tatty tv unit. I found one that looked to be the right size and while not amazing was made of solid wood (not the one above). I took rough measurements using hand spans, feet and how high up on my leg it reached. At home the size checked out but when I measured the back of the car I could tell it wouldn't quite fit. I was looking through photos on Google to try and show Peter what it was like, my phone doesn't take photos, when I came across this design. This I really like and we do have a large piece of wood about 2" thick in the garage. It is made up of three planks joined lengthways and would be just right for making a unit like the one above. At last a use for something that originally came from my mother's house over 25 years ago. 
Talking about things from my mother's house or attic as nobody expressed an interest in the wooden panel when I put it up for sale I offered it for free on the Just-don't-bin-it site. It didn't take long for an enthusiastic young lady to contact me and then come and collect it. She's got a big mirror that she is upcycling for her home and the wood will go across the top of it. We're glad it went to a good home.

No comments: