Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 12 April 2019

Dry.

It was hazy and much cooler this morning making a fleece necessary as I walked into town. I was meeting up with friends, one of whom didn't make it on Tuesday. This time we met in the Fortescue Hotel which is classed as a luxury hotel and has very comfortable facilities. Once again it was pleasant to be with friends. I indulged in some millionaires shortbread made with white chocolate, very naughty. Afterwards I called in at the Pannier Market and bought a large cauliflower from one of the stalls run by a local farmer. As is often the case the table held about half a dozen cauliflowers, the same number of savoy cabbages and I think some eggs and was manned by an elderly lady. Farmers get a special rate for their tables but I think the days of an offering of small amount of produce from one farm are coming to an end. I always look on their stalls first before going to the more commercial sellers. Walking down the High St I saw that Millets had a sale on and as Peter has suggested that we should sleep in the house when we go to Borth I thought I'd check out the airbeds. I found some that were on sale which made them even cheaper than at the supermarket and bought two singles and a foot pump.
Walking home I spotted our car parked near the pub/brewery. I knew Peter was there to collect a barrel of beer so I went in to ask him to take the air beds and cauliflower in the car. As he was waiting to talk to somebody, building type stuff I expect, I drove the car and his beer home leaving Peter to walk back up Pilton St.
The sun was shining when I got home and I painted the new decking with its first coat of stain. Then I baked a batch of peanut butter and chocolate cookies for Peter and finished off my busy day with some alterations. One top is finished and two more are tacked and ready for sewing.

No comments: