Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 18 April 2019

Warmer Still.


It's definitely warming up. The sun shone all day making it a perfect day to get the pressure washer out to clean up the front garden. A good thing I hadn't planned to sit/work in the back garden as the air was filled with the sound of a radio playing music at full volume. The music wasn't that bad but to have it going on all day gets rather annoying. BTW the house belonging to the really antisocial neighbour has finally sold and somebody was in there today painting walls.
 Before.
Thinking back to the tedious weeks  spent pressure washing the paving at Dingles today's task was a doddle. The random paving slabs still can't be described as looking good but at least they are a lot better than before. The path however is a different matter. I think it almost looks like new and when I got to the end I even cleaned the top of the concrete BT cover in the pavement.
 After.
Peter has finally been able to organise somebody to do the garage roof, next week I think/hope. Then I can start emptying out all the damp boxes of DIY/building materials. I expect that a lot of stuff will have to be thrown away, a small amount may yet be useful for us and hopefully I'll be able to offer the rest on the free FB page. Today I offered the old, very long hose on a rusty wheel holder and I had people wanting it within minutes and somebody collected it earlier in the evening. When we move we'll be taking the new hose & holder with us. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Those pressure washers are amazing!!