Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 1 April 2019

Sunny.

We've had a day of bright sunshine with an invigorating chill breeze. Out in the fields the trees are turning green and the farmer was doing ….? something in his tractor, hedging maybe. If we were still out in the hills I'm sure the air would be full of the whiff of muck spreading.
I got the mower from the garage and before cutting the grass I tried sharpening the blade with our whetstone. In theory you should be able to take the blade off but nobody has been able to loosen the nut so I did the sharpening in situ. I'm not sure if it made a lot of difference but the grass is a bit shorter and neater. The garden in Borth does have some grass but my eventual plan is to replace it with decking/paving and raised planters to make gardening easier on my back.
Today's post brought a replacement zip I'd ordered for Peter's coat and I made a start of stitching it in while sitting out in the sun. To do a proper job I should unpick and remove the broken zip but then I'd have to stitch through at least four layers. Instead I'm stitching the new zip over the old one and doing it by hand as my sewing machine is too old for the job.
It was so nice this afternoon I did my exercises outside. I found carrying 8kgs of weights a bit of an armful. When I came back inside I went to check on Peter who had been coughing and spluttering all day in his study. I found him slumped in his chair feeling quite poorly. He took his temperature which was 1C/2F degrees up which ties in with a bad cold. I felt it would be unkind to insist that Peter unwrapped himself while he was feeling so cold but made sure he drank some tea and took a couple of paracetamol and then went to bed.


No comments: