Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 14 January 2020

A Grumpy Day.

I've found it very hard to be the calm and cheerful person I aspire to be today. Too many things have sent me into a grumpy mood which I'm trying to overcome. First there was the early rising and leaving the house at the time I'm usually waking up with a cup of tea. The day was grey and wet, the traffic heavier than I anticipated and arriving at the surgery the sight of several cars waiting for a parking space in the surgery car park had me turning around and parking in a nearby residential street. I was just in time and soon fitted with the 24 hour blood pressure monitor. Very tight at all times, positioned so that it's uncomfortable to bend my elbow and the anticipation of it turning on every hour through the night. (Every half an hour or more during the day.) My mood was not improved when earlier this evening I looked at the NHS on-line information on the monitor and saw that I should have been asked when I go to bed, for the change in frequency, and more importantly asked to fill in a chart noting what activity I was doing each time a reading was taken. Which I wasn't. While I was at the surgery I enquired about the missing prescription and it turned out that it hadn't gone to Tesco's, in fact it hadn't gone anywhere. When I explained in a calm but slightly irate manner the sequence of events they printed off a new prescription and amazingly had it signed in a couple of minutes. I still had to take the prescription to a pharmacy to get the medicine and decided to take it to the pharmacy in Tesco's as I was going there anyway. Not a good move as there was a long queue of people at the pharmacy counter. I did a bit of shopping and went back when the queue was only 6 people. Handed in the prescription and after a bit more shopping returned and collected the medicine. 
On a better note I took back the fluffy pj bottoms and had the security tag taken off. However before going to Tesco's I had called in at B&M hoping to get doubles of the sofa and chair fleeces to put away for the future. The smaller patterned fleece was there but no sign of the large fleece which was very irritating. Nor was there the red fleece I had hoped to buy as a housewarming present for Vytas & Sally when they move to the house they are currently buying. As I'm working on my weight I couldn't indulge in a 'naughty' to cheer myself up but I did buy these packs of gift ribbon reduced from £1 to 10p. They should keep me going for a few years.
The early rain turned back into stormy weather on my way home so I spent the afternoon grumbling to myself, doing my exercises and knitting in between having the machine take my blood pressure.
Pictures from the web - Above The train line at Dawlish, south Devon. Here the railway line runs right next to the sea, something I used to look forward to on my travels down to Cornwall. Below -Porthcawl on the Welsh coast opposite Lynmouth. The surf report for Newquay, Cornwall gave the surf height at 22 ft. for anyone brave or foolish enough to venture out.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Oh my goodness!! Those waves are enormous!!!
Sorry to hear you've not had the greatest of days.
Hoping tomorrow will make up for it and be a great day.