Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 21 January 2020

Sunny.

The continuing sunny weather has tricked this osteospermum into flowering.
We were up and out fairly early this morning to collect the camper from the garage. As we set off we discussed the route we would take out to the farm and then came to the conclusion that both options had some potentially hazardous steep hills that could well be icy. So back home we went to arrange collection tomorrow which is due to be wet ie not icy. I then drove off clutching two shopping lists (his and hers) to the supermarkets. I pottered around quite happily, got Peter the last box of red wine on the shelf and the only one of these teapots. I'd been thinking about getting one for a while, when we were first married we never used teabags but our own mixture of loose tea, Assam and Earl Grey and on our recent visit to Vytas he also used loose tea in a metal teapot of similar design. Not only will we save money but we won't be using the chemicals and resources that go into making the bags.
In the afternoon a plumber came round to sort out the kitchen tap which had been leaking from the column. He hadn't brought along the exact same tap but this one is more reliable. I will admit that there is less splashing of the water over the counter, due to the poor placing of the tap by the last people, but in my mind it's ugly and harder to use especially one handed. However we're not staying so it doesn't matter. 
We've got a viewing on Saturday but as the lady has only just put her house on the market we won't take it that seriously.
While the delay in moving is frustrating it does give me time to source ideas and work out my designs. The other day I found what I hope is the solution to our window/privacy problem. My study, our bedroom and the sitting room all have large windows which are about 3ft. from the pavement. Too close to have clear windows with people looking in. Also I like or almost need, to be able to see out. The old fashioned solution of net curtains is definitely not my thing. The modern solution of one way mirror film would do the job but I don't think I'd be sure people couldn't see in as the windows would be clear from the inside. I had come to the conclusion that venetian blinds would have to do. Not the wide vertical ones, too much like an office but narrow metal ones which is what had been up before. Nice new white ones of course. Then I was watching a tv drama and in the background was a cross between a roller blind and nets. These are designed to be opaque from the outside and sort of fuzzy from the inside. I've sent off for a sample for a better idea of how it works but hopefully they'll be the answer.

No comments: