Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 28 January 2020

Icy.

A day and night of wintry weather. I woke a number of times last night to hear hailstones and heavy rain. A thunderstorm joined the mix, a weird one in that I didn't see any lightning and the thunder rumbled on and on. I'm sure I've never heard one like that before.  
We've had some bright spells today and a lot of hail with icy north winds. 
In the afternoon I continued applying woodworm killer to the big pine cupboard. First I emptied out the three drawers and painted the killer on the insides and underneaths. Then Peter gave me a hand with the cupboard itself, tipping it up so I could reach underneath. I didn't do the underneath of the cupboard last time so I suspect that's how the nasty worms survived. Hopefully not now. With the cupboard moved right away from the wall I was able to shift some of the newly packed boxes to get to the last bits of mildew above the skirting board. I sprayed on bleach and then scraped off the black marks. I'm glad I did that because some of the spots were tiny at the surface and a lot bigger under the layer of paint. With most of the spores gone I sprayed more bleach and will begin painting tomorrow. I did apply a coat of paint to the other part of the wall and one last coat should be enough.
While I knitted the blackbird came to feed on the seeds and fat ball crumbs I'd scattered under the feeders.

1 comment:

happyone said...

It is always strange to hear thunder during a winter storm.