Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 11 January 2020

Wet.

Today has been grey and wet. The morning mist soon blurred out the view with first Hartland disappearing, then the sand dunes and eventually the second bend of the River Taw. Right now it's raining quite heavily.
I've spent the afternoon working on the cushion cover with Speedy lending a helping hand by rearranging the strips of tape and then attempting to knock all the things I was using from the stool I'd put them on. I ended up having to keep the roll of cotton in my pocket after he decided to bat it across the floor. Having worked out a plan for the cover, leaving a space at the back so that cushion still attached to the frame with the Velcro, I set to work pinning and stitching. Usually I aim to stop any 'work' around five o'clock but hoping to get the cover done I carried on. By quarter past six I admitted defeat and simply plonked the cushion still with the cover on inside out and pins in some seams back on the sofa and chucked a throw over it. It'll have to wait until tomorrow for completion. I'm also thinking about changing the not very effective elastic around the lower section for Velcro to pull the cover in. Still the end is in sight.
Peter had to walk into town so he made another attempt to collect my missing prescription. After waiting for over half an hour he was told 'they didn't have it yet,'. This time they didn't even say the paperwork was in transit. Even if they need to use physical paperwork how long does it take to transport the papers from the surgery which is about 2 miles away? I was told they were 'in transit' on Thursday. Even I could have walked that distance in an hour or less. A good thing I can do without the stuff which is a swap back of a spray for my rhinitis as I still have the old not as good stuff.

No comments: