Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 6 January 2020

Warmer.

A change in the jet stream has brought much milder winds blowing from the south. At noon I set off for a doctor's appointment in torrential rain but I was driving so that didn't matter as much. The appointment was to review my cardio results. Nothing serious to worry about and for the moment a bigger dose of the beta blocker. Having got to the stage in life where there are multiple bits going wrong I arrive at the doctor's with a list of my current observations. I like recording data anyway and I think it helps to be more accurate rather than using vague qualitive statements. 
On my way home I called in at B&M clutching my piece of fabric and found throws for the sofa and armchair. I could almost get away with not covering the sofa cushions but I will do the job properly. Looking at the photo of the armchair the cushions look a different grey to the frame cover. They were made from two original covers but I've had a check  and I can't see a difference when I look at the armchair. Perhaps it's just the way the light hits the fabric.
A quick visit to Laura Ashley didn't reveal any great bargains but I struck lucky in Tesco's. Only small items but the rolls of paper were down to 50p and the gift bags and labels even less. I also treated myself to a pair of black fluffy pj/lounging bottoms which were in sale. I tried them on and didn't notice the security tag so when the tag question came up on the screen I pressed 'No'. Walking out of the shop didn't set off any alarms so now I'll have to take them back to get the tag taken off. 
Back home it was time to move the wheelie bin for the rubbish collection tomorrow. I had to smile when I saw that our bin is about a third full while most of the others are overflowing with extra bags stuffed in the top or next to the bins. We must be doing something right.

No comments: