Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 1 January 2020

Grey.

Wishing everybody good health, loving family and good friendships in the New Year.
There were New Year's fireworks after all last night. The Barnstaple display was set off from the rugby club so I had an excellent view leaning out of my study window. I was also able to see some of the Bideford fireworks and some from other displays too.
This morning we woke to a mist which along with some light rain remained all through the day. Even if I had remembered to look for the satellites at 4.11 pm I wouldn't have been able to see them.
This afternoon I returned to the sofa cover alterations. I got the fabric strips for the elastic holding the fabric over the second arm cushion tacked into place. It may not sound like much but it involves a lot of bending and in my case huffing and puffing and a few choice words when I knocked over the box of pins and scattered them across the floor. Just removing the cushions and fitting the cover is also quite hard work. But little by little the job will get done.

No comments: