Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 26 January 2020

Rain.

Lots of rain in the morning, a little sun and now it's turned cold and grey.
After yesterday's tidy up the dinning room is now in a complete mess. I decided to get on with tackling the damp behind the big cupboard. I'd used up all the boxes so I emptied out the remaining contents of the cupboard, took out the drawers and carefully slid the cupboard away from the wall. The mildew was much as I expected dotting a few inches high in places. I sprayed with bleach and wiped it off and then decided to use a knife to scrape off the black spots as I didn't want to leave any spores. That done I gave it a last spray. What I wasn't expecting was evidence of active woodworm in the back of the cupboard. I had gone over the back with a woodworm killer before we moved from Dingles but either the chemical was too old or I didn't apply it sufficiently. We certainly don't want to be introducing woodworm to our new wood floors in Borth so I'll be buying more woodworm killer and doing the cupboard inside and out.
Signs of Spring flowers in the front garden.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Love the arch way!