Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 12 January 2020

Windy.

It's been a windy day. I wondered if I'd made the wrong call in not putting any washing in the machine but later heavy showers made their presence felt. 
I spent the afternoon on my knees working on the cushion cover and at long last it is done to the best of my ability. Now there are just the seat cushions to do.
Peter went out again to hunt down my prescription but guess what? ………… No sign of it and after some checking they think it's gone to the pharmacy at Tesco's. Why? And who knows if it's there or not?  What if it had been something I really needed from last Thursday when it was due? I'm up at the surgery on Tuesday morning so I'm going to try and make a complaint with the Practice Manager. Not much chance to see her/him then but at least I'll insist on seeing the senior pharmacist. Then to make my day I've looked in my bag of medicines I collected from Boots on Thursday, the bag that I asked the assistant to check before it came into my hands. In a sealed ie unchecked bag are 3 boxes of tablets that I had said I didn't need. Now they will have to be destroyed. While there is no cost to me directly repeated over millions of patients it's a significant financial loss to the NHS which is struggling for cash. 
In my spare moments I've been knitting my sparkly fingerless mittens. One is done and the first stage of the second is done. It's not the actual second mitten but a test to see where I should begin knitting if I want the 'random' colours to match. Once I've made a mark I'll have to undo all of this test piece and then begin again from the mark. Extra work but on the bright side I'm getting better at knitting with 4 needles. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I like the mittens!!
What a hassle getting your medicine!!