Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 5 January 2020

Grey.

It's been a grey day with rain at times.
I honestly thought that today all I needed to do on the frame cover was a bit of pinning and a couple of seams leaving me with a clear afternoon to carry on with knitting the second mitten. How wrong I was. Numerous seams had to be pinned, checked and adjusted. Every time I thought I was done I'd see another fold or bulge that needed sorting. I even had to unpick and redo some of the earlier seams. I was relieved when by the end of the day the frame cover was finally done. Next will be the cover for the long back cushion which is all one piece. Every time I go into town I take a small bit of the grey material hoping to find a fluffy throw that will tone in. Grey is a very popular interior design colour but there are so many shades, some bluer and some towards pink or silver. There wasn't a choice of grey in the sofa covers and this grey tends towards browner shades which is not so easy to match. 
While one end of the sitting room is tidy and peaceful the desk in the corner  is cluttered with all the stuff I thought I might need for the sofa covers as well as knitting stuff; wool, needles and a pattern while hanging from the drawer handle is a bag of felt. I should really have a good tidy up.
This afternoon I made some apple pancakes, partly to celebrate getting the frame cover done but also as an end to the Christmas indulgences food-wise. Back to the diet from tomorrow.

No comments: