Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 7 January 2020

Cleaning Mode.

We've had a gloomy grey day with a constant fine mist/drizzle.
I had planned to spend the day sewing but changed to cleaning when we had a phone call from the estate agent. They were checking when we were available for a viewing and will contact us with the details soon ………. hopefully. Or maybe they were just trying to give us the impression that things might be happening. Whatever the case I thought that some extra cleaning was in order. After removing the shower's waste trap and giving it a good clean I then moved on to the conservatory. So that Speedy has access to his litter tray we leave the door to the dinning room open overnight. This causes a lot of condensation in the conservatory which has led to mildew. Not a good look for selling. But there's not a lot that can't be tackled with a bucket of hot soapy water with added bleach. As long as I've got rubber gloves on I don't mind mucky jobs and it's quite satisfying to wipe away the mold leaving crisp white frames. There was the added irritation of the protective film which should have been removed before the sealing strips were put in place. Shoddy work to say the least. The frayed edges of the plastic film catch the damp and make nice black lines down the frames. I discovered that using a thin knife and my cloth I could prise most of the plastic film out and get a clean result but it did take time. Having moved things around to get to the windows and inaccessible corners I still need to wash the floor which hopefully won't take long.
I had time for a short break with a large cup of Earl Grey before ironing dry the washing and beginning my evening exercises. I'm gradually adding back the exercises I thought might be aggravating an inter-costal muscle that had been giving me trouble. The temptation is to add them all at once but then I won't be able to identify the culprit.

No comments: