Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 2 January 2020

Grey.

Another grey day but unlike yesterday's romantic haze it was simply boringly overcast. There was some breeze so I washed the second blanket but I'm not sure how much drier it got out on the line as the air felt damp. It's now draped over one of the radiators.
We were out of milk (crumpets for breakfast instead of porridge), so Peter went out to get some groceries while I stayed home and sewed. From my seat in the sitting room I have a good view of the birds visiting the feeders. For the last couple of days a pair of blackbirds have been feeding off the seeds and scraps of fat balls that have fallen below the feeders. Above is the female who seems to have spotted me watching her through the window.
This morning Peter was in the kitchen making tea and listening to a programme about rats. Speedy was happily munching some meat Peter had thrown him when he heard the sound of rats from the radio. He immediately dropped the food! and went into full hunting alert. Our confined cat is still an inveterate hunter. I found the programme on my pc in the afternoon and got exactly the same reaction. I often watch FB clips of kittens and he never reacts to their lovely squeaks.
First shoots from the ice plants.

No comments: