Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 20 January 2020

Sunny.

The weathervane on Mortehoe church.
We had another frosty morning followed by a crisp sunny day. I took this photo of the frosty deck just before I hung up the washing at midday. I was very careful when walking over the slippery wood and paving, it would be silly to fall and break something. The light breeze helped the washing to almost dry before I brought it back in for ironing.
The only notable event in my day was when I looked out of the window and saw an elderly neighbour trying to prise up one of the services manholes set into the pavement by his garden. I took our mini pry-bar out to see if that would do the job. It turned out that he wanted to check his water meter but was busy trying to lift the phone line cover instead of the small cover marked WATER. Once he'd got that open I left him to read the meter. The lady from the next house was also out offering advice and mentioned that her phone line had been down since yesterday. A bit later on a BT workman was lifting up the phone line cover and hopefully fixing what ever the problem was.

No comments: