Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 10 January 2020

Sunny.

It's been a bright and sunny day with a bit of a chill in the air. I've spent most of my day, or at least the afternoon, out in the back garden. Not gardening but brushing back the pile of our large fluffy throw from the sofa which had been washed yesterday. It's easiest to do while the throw is hanging on the washing line and for once I got both sides of the 7ft x 7ft throw done in a day. I had an old work fleece on and somehow my bare legs (still wearing shorts most days) didn't feel at all cold. The cold doesn't seem to affect my legs but my toes, in flip-flops, eventually felt like ice. The brushing generates a lot of fluff which gets everywhere including on my eyelashes and in my mouth. To clean up the fluff  I brought the hoover out into the garden. Last year proved that hoping the fluff would blow away was not the best idea. (My neighbour also hoovers her decking occasionally.) Yesterday's application of bleach to the paving slabs proved effective against the green so I mixed up more bleach and water and swilled it over some green patches on the decking. 
I also brought the dehumidifier up from the garage to keep the condensation in the conservatory under control. Despite the garage roof getting a coat of sealant in the summer the garage feels a bit damp so everything stored in there will need a good clean once we move.

No comments: