Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 29 January 2020

Sunny.

It's been a bright and sunny day with enough wind to make it worth hanging out the washing. It still felt chilly and I could see a few of yesterday's hailstones around the plants in the shade.
Speedy likes watching out of the window and something had obviously caught his attention. I had a good look but couldn't see either a cat or a bird.
I painted on two more coats of paint over the ex-mouldy  spots and then when I moved the old towels protecting the floor I found a damp and suspiciously smelly spot which had left a brown stain on the skirting board. Speedy? I know he doesn't like the hum of the dehumidifier which we leave running overnight in the conservatory where his litter tray is kept. I sprayed and wiped with bleach and then gave it a good spray with a pet anti-chew spray that I have.
Another of today's jobs was to go through some of my clothes and I succeeded in culling a bagful of things to go to the charity shop. In between jobs and exercising I've been knitting a final pair of fingerless mittens for the time when Vytas loses his current pair. He did have the first pair for a number of years before losing track of them. 
We had bright blue skies for most of the day and then towards dusk the clouds began appearing.
Imagine these photos many shades brighter red and that will explain why I looked out of the window and exclaimed 'Wow.' 
I've been trying to get my blog done earlier to make it easier for me to get my head down earlier that usual. For the past week I've been turning the light out as close to 10pm as possible. Peter falls asleep within minutes of his head hitting the pillow but I take at least an hour. I tended not to turn my light off until well after midnight and if lucky would sleep till 8.00. Now I'm still waking at the same time but getting several hours more sleep each night which is a good thing.

No comments: