Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 17 January 2020

Hail Storms.

It's been a day of sunny spells and heavy wintry showers. Peter went out to meet up with a friend in the afternoon and got caught by hail and rain on his walk home. 
I've had another quiet day at home, a few finishing alterations to one of the cushion covers before tidying everything away and extra kitchen cleaning. We have a neat slide out wicker basket in one of the kitchen cupboards which is good for keeping vegetables in. The only downside is that with the heating on for the winter even the minimal amount in the kitchen is enough to speed up the aging of the vegetables. Our fridge, even on the lowest setting is a bit too cold for salad vegetables so I've begun keeping a box of vegetables out in the conservatory which is pretty cold. 
While tidying up my sitting room desk I came across Peter's old work polo top with my started unpicking of the company logo whilst leaving his name. It's a silly thing to be doing in that he doesn't need to keep it as he has more than enough clothes but it was a project that appealed to my thrifty nature. So I sat there with a stitch ripper, needle and tweezers and have removed the first of the four unnecessary letters. Machine embroidery is very hard to unpick! 

No comments: