Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 30 January 2020

Wet.

Today has been grey and warmer with light rain. In the afternoon I drove to Braunton to have my tattoo 'touched up'. It's usual to lose small sections of a tattoo in the healing process so the repair work is included in the initial cost. I really enjoy being tattooed, it's not painful and it's nice to have a conversation while it's being done. It took about half an hour as he went over quite a bit more than I had initially thought. 
Braunton as a village has grown a lot since our first holidays at Saunton and I took the opportunity to call in at the Tesco's that now serves the area. This was mainly to see if they had any wholemeal pitta breads for Peter which they did as our local Tesco's didn't on my last shop. I also got some reduced ham for Peter and reduced Cornish Blue cheese mainly for me. 
Then on the way back I called in at the garden centre (where today's photos were taken) to have a general look around and see if they had any cardboard boxes. Inside I came across a Reduced table where I chose two more cyclamen at £1 each and a dendrobium orchid for £2. The orchid looked strong and healthy but didn't have any flowers hence the reduction. There were a number of the ordinary orchids for £2 most still with some flowers but I decided not to buy any. If money wasn't an issue I have to admit to really liking this resin cute but fierce dragon but not for £225.
They always have a selection of empty cardboard boxes by the checkout so I planned on picking up a few. I was lucky enough to spot a whole pile of already flattened sturdy boxes and piled 10 into the back of the car.
I'd painted a coat of paint on the skirting board in the dinning room before I went out so when I returned Peter gave me a hand to put the cupboard back but  away from the wall to avoid condensation. Before we put it back I stuck felt pads on the underneath of the cupboard to stop it catching on the wooden floor. Now I'm wondering if that will put too much pressure on those four points instead of across the whole of the flat base. I'll have to have a look when we get round to moving.

No comments: