Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 15 January 2020

Mostly Sunny.

I'm back to my usual non-grumpy mood today. First there was the knowledge that I wouldn't have to go through another night of being woken every hour by a buzzing in my ear and the relentless squeezing of the blood pressure monitor. Too intrusive for much sleep. The morning was grey and gloomy with light rain falling as I walked to the car. Within minutes the rain had increased to a point where I needed to have the wipers on at double speed and I could see hail as well. I felt sorry for the many parents walking their children to school who were caught in the rain. My appointment was even earlier, by a whole 10 minutes but I gave myself more time so that when I found cars queueing in the surgery car park it wasn't stressful to turn around and park nearby. Breathing a sigh of relief as the monitor was taken off I queried why I hadn't been asked to make any notes on what I was doing. The nurse said they'd never asked patients to do that in the 10 years he'd been there. I guess that because he got the results up on the screen straight away (38 readings in my case) any anomalies could have been discussed there and then. It turned out that my readings were all perfectly normal which is good.
I didn't make any stops on the way home and by that time the traffic wasn't too heavy. The rain stopped before I got out of the car and after that the day was bright and windy. Perfect for washing so I got a load in the machine and then out on the line. Later when I saw some approaching showers  and rescued the washing it was nearly dry. From then on it was back to the sewing of the final cushion cover and IT'S ALL DONE. A very long job but now I have something I'm happy with though of course I put the throw back over the sofa.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear all your readings turned out good!!
The chair turned out great. Looks very comfortable too.