Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 13 May 2022

Cloudy.

Mostly cloudy today with a mild wind.
The builders turned up as promised and spent the day putting new ridge tiles on the roof. The work is finished now so hopefully our roof will be secure for many years.


With lumps of mortar raining down from on high and the builders occupying the side passage and the front garden I couldn't do any work on the front garden. Instead I did housework, Welsh, cycled and played the piano. Eventually the sunnier afternoon lured me out and I pottered about in the back gaden. There I repotted an acer, planted some lemon balm, potted up two clematis into tubs and generally tidied up around the place. I quite enjoy having a more manageable sized garden and there are always the sea views to contemplate.
Speedy came out to the back garden and he was such a nuisance. Only because he wanted to be right next to me but somehow he got in the way of anything I wanted to weed, pounced on the rustling weeds as I tried to get hold of them and sat or rolled on garden plants. I was just about to pull the weeds out of a small tub only to find Speedy sat in the tub purring at me. In the end he got the hint and went back indoors leaving me to work in peace.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Glad to hear your roof is finished!