Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 4 May 2022

Warm.

Cloudy and warm today with the sun making an appearance later. It rained in the night and first thing in the morning which was good for the garden but put an end to my plan to cycle to the zoo.
At the zoo I spent almost four hours weeding one of the gravel areas and then running the hoe over the weeds in one of the safety zones as the weeds there were getting to the point of setting seed. This week has seen the end of the avian flu restictions so Mr Pea and the guinea fowl no longer have to stay in their avairies. The guinea fowl were funny (and very noisy) as they kept running home for safety especially when one missed the path to the open door and ran back and forth across the front of the cage trying to get in. Later on the reverse happened when one was left in the pen when the others had all disappeared. The left behind bird was getting so distressed running from side to side across the cage and piping piteously that I went in to try and usher it out. Unfortunately I think having a big yellow monster come into the cage was even more scary and there was some panic before it found the open door.
Mr Pea was enjoying having the whole zoo to roam in. When I saw him he was was giving his tail, which had got muddy from the time in the pen, a good clean. No doubt it will soon be back to its full glory. The chicks which are now proper peacocks can't be let out yet as they have spent their whole lives in an aviary and might well just fly away.


Look at those wonderful colours.
When I got home I had a short break and then went out to paint the wall with stabiliser. The builder recommends three coats of paint for any external painting in Borth so that is what I shall do.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The peacock if a real beauty.
I'm always weeded gravel around here!