Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 19 May 2022

Sunny.

Bright and windy today.
My morning was spent doing housework and getting ready for the Zoom class.
In the Welsh class today we looked at some of the different ways of saying yes and no. Just five ways for now but there are more. They're not really yes and no but responses such as I am/ it is/ you may/ I did and a separate I do when used with like. Welsh doesn't use a generic yes and no. 
After class I walked down to the pharmacy to collect an item from my prescription that they hadn't had when I collected the main lot last week.
After I got back we got the phone call saying the top soil was on its way. When it arrived I was hoping the crane could lift it right onto the grass but it didn't quite reach and plants were in danger of being damaged. Instead the soil was left just inside the gates which was close enough. I had a session of hauling half-buckets (four scoops with my coal shovel) of soil up to the raised bed across the terrace. I went twice across the back before I decided I'd done sufficient for one day. It's very sandy soil which is perfect for the low growing plants, (alpine/ coastal) I plan to grow there.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

The garden is looking great.
Welsh sounds like a very hard language to learn!!