Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 11 May 2022

No Zoo.

Looking at the photo below it's hard to believe that it rained all night through and into the morning. Far too wet to think about going to the zoo, even putting the recycling and rubbish out was a bit of an adventure. 
It was not until the afternoon that it all changed. By that time I'd already done enough for my back and much as I wanted to it wouldn't have been sensible to go to the zoo then. That's the first time I've missed a week since I started there. Instead my plan was to tackle some of the small inside jobs that bug me at the end of each day when I realise they still haven't been done. Nothing major, things like putting away or tidying up little corners. The sort of jobs that I think I'll save for a rainy day and then when we have a rainy day the lack of sun slows me down and I find it hard to do anything. Now at least some of them are done.
Of course as soon as the rain eased I was back outside. I was able to plant up the last of the 'cottage garden' beds mainly with more varieties of hardy geraniums and some of last year's impulse buys from Morrisons. 
Out in the back garden I moved some red schizostylis (had to look up the spelling and see that they are also called Hesperantha coccinea which is just as much of a mouthful) from a ground level bed into the raised bed behind and went round tying in the new growth of the climbers. I'm excited to see which clematis will flower next.
I squeezed in five minutes sitting out on the terrace at the end of the afternoon. Off now to do my second bike session before supper.

 

No comments: