Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 24 May 2022

Sunny.

Bright and sunny today. In the morning it looked as if we might have some showers but the day just got better and better. 
My first job of the day was to have another attempt at painting a sign for the wildflower meadow. It has better spacing and shows the difference between doing something in the evening in the morning. It would have been even better if I'd remembered to rub out the pencil lines before spraying with varnish. But not too bad for a bit of old wood, red oxide rust paint and an basic small paintbrush.
Painting done I went out for a day of pottering about in the back garden. Some weeding and repotting in the sun. I still haven't decided what to plant the clematis in under the end trellis by the garage. I had planned to use an old plastic trough but after I emptied it I found that it's in a worse state than I thought. A shame as it's just the right size to sit under the trellis.
Another of the hardy geraniums in the front garden has come into flower. That's five varieties flowering and five more to come if I haven't planted doubles.
In the back garden I moved all the pots and tubs from the second side of the concrete then swept and cleared off leaves and soil so that it's ready for more pebbles from the front garden.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

All the blooms look beautiful.