Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 5 May 2022

Warm.

A few high clouds but mainly sunny today and very warm. 21C/70F according to the radio.
Straight after breakfast I went out and painted the wall. The masonary paint is like thick custard and so easy to apply. I used a brush rather than a roller as the render on the wall is textured but it didn't take long. Freshly painted white walls always remind me of icing on a traditional wedding cake (funny how my similies are mainly food related). It was as I was finishing up that I remembered with horror all the small black flies that stuck themselves to the front door I'd painted white at Dingles. Thankfully that didn't happen here though we have plenty of those flies. Maybe because the wall was in the shade while the paint was drying? I'll have to think about that when I go on to paint the house walls.
After that it was time to prepare for the Welsh lesson. Today we learn't yet another way of saying yes and no. Different questions have their own versions of yes and no, so far we've had;  ydw/nac ydw, do/naddo, ydy/nac ydy and now cewch/ na chewch or cei/na cei. We also found out that bluebells which we in our breakout room tried to translate as blue bells or blue flowers are known as cuckoo bells.
After class we walked to the community hall to cast our votes as it is election day across the country for local councillors, (These are the people who run the local town council.) There were only three to chose from but we'd done our best to ask local people about them and if you don't vote you can't complain. They were only letting one or two people in at a time and although it's not mandatory to wear masks now we still do to protect other people and hope others do the same. They hardly talk about covid in the news, there are so many other things going on and now that people in England have to pay for the tests (still free in Wales) no doubt that will affect the numbers of asymptomatic cases being recorded.
Votes cast Peter went to the tavarn (i'r davarn) while I walked back along the beach.
At home I did more soil shifting and then forced myself to go back indoors to iron the sheets which had dried nicely in the warm weather. Blogging had to wait until bedtime and I've still got DuoLingo to do. If you don't do your daily amount it sends you reminders and you lose points.
 

No comments: