Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 21 May 2022

Dry.

Dry today with some sunny spells.
I have spent most of my day working in the front garden. 
First Peter gave me a hand to use more cable ties to secure the plastic wind mesh to the inside of the garden wall up near the terrace. It was difficult to work my way under and through the hedge and it made Peter chuckle to hear my squeeks (and worse) as I got caught on the branches. I didn't have to do that many cable ties but difficult as they were to reach it would be harder after I planted up the bed under the hedge. I used up the broken fancy concrete blocks (that came from where the wall was driven into) to create some support for the soil that had been inside the extra raised bed (that I dismantled) and then used up the last of the soil from the dumpy bag to form a sloping bed over the blocks. Then I planted up the slope with montbretia from under a hydrangea on the other side of the garden. That way there should be plants under the hedge all year round wth the bonus of orange flowers during the summer. The rest of my time was spent in general weeding and tidying up.
The new neighbours turned up again. This time both families, the parents we met before, their daughter, son-in-law and their three children. We didn't get a chance to chat as they were busy unloading stuff from a cattle truck and then doing stuff around the place.

 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You've had a busy day once again.