Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 9 May 2022

Warm Winds.

A lot cloudier but still with a very warm wind. It would have been a great drying day if I had done any washing but I didn't. Rain has finally arrived, not heavy but big fat raindrops if the dots on the terrace are accurate.
While Peter went to town, taking my big garden bag to the dump - yay, I carried on filling the raised beds.
I brought down soil from the back garden, cleared the last of the spoil heap and ..... emptied the first of the dumpy bags. Definitely overdid things but it's so close to being ready to plant. With only one dumpy bag of garden soil left I think I may have to buy in a dumpy bag of top soil. I don't mind doing that so long as I don't end up with half a bag left over. 
Now I need to tidy up the 'lawn' and deal with the remains of the turf that was in the spoil heap. I can bash out the soil but I don't want to risk  putting weed roots in the raised bed so I'm not sure what I'll do with it.
After all that activity I needed a long break sitting out on the terrace. There has been the occasional surfer but I'm happy to simply watch the waves or read my Kindle. I've done my DuoLingo and might even fit in some piano practise. 
Bluebells and Welsh poppies for Ukraine.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

You sure have doing a lot of work on your garden. It will be beautiful when all done.