Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 20 May 2022

There were a few brief sunny spells today but for the most part it has been grey with frequent short showers.
Once I escaped to the garden the showers were so minimal all I needed to do was to put on my workcoat while the rain was falling. Carrying half a bucket of soil at time I got the terrace raised bed filled in two sessions. Now I need to source some rocks before I begin planting. I've got enough soil left in the dumpy bag to top off the old bed by the road where I took down the leaning blocks.
For a rest after moving the soil I knelt on the grass and bashed and shook the soil off the last of the turf from the groundworks. That's another job done.
It was windy today and I can see that I need to rebuild the wall the builder took down to get the mini digger into the garden. It's a shame he took the blocks away though they may have been smashed to bits. I'll have to see if I've got anything around the place as I need the wall back to shelter the garden shrubs that are now getting blasted by the wind from the sea.
Nothing else of note today, just the usual things like housework and Welsh practice. Peter went out in the morning to buy more cement which he used to finish off around the new manhole cover. I haven't seen it yet as he's got boards over it to protect it from the rain.


 

No comments: