Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 15 May 2022

Warm and Windy.

Much cloudier today but very warm 24C/ 77F with a warm wind blowing all day.
We had a pleasant evening watching Eurovision and stayed awake (mostly) for the whole 4 hours. As expected Ukraine got the top scores in the people's votes in every country and won the contest. It wasn't a bad song either. Most surprising was the UK's result. Not our usual nil points but at the end of the jury votes we were top of the board and then came second to Ukraine. Most satisfying. I know it's a very commercial contest but I liked quite a few of the songs from the sweet ballads to lively party type numbers. It must be my age but I felt Spain's entry looked like something more suitable for a lap dancing club than a tv program (I'm usually very liberal in my tastes or so I thought). My garden is still honouring Ukraine though the bluebells are nearly over.
Another of the recently moved hardy geraniums is flowering and feeding the bees.
The sea has been very flat today showing shades of grey and green to delight the eye. Surprisingly I haven't seen a single SUP or kayak out but Peter tells me it's a strong off-shore wind blowing and with no lifeguards yet that makes for dangerous conditions. No wonder the guy who rents out paddle boards wasn't there today. Instead there were, and still are families out for a swim or playing in the water.
After our leisurely Sunday start I was out in the garden again. Another acer moved into a bigger tub and a clematis planted in a concrete tub. The clematis survived the winter better than I thought they would and I still have 4 left in small pots. I have plans for three of them and I guess I'll have to put the last one in anywhere there's a space. I moved some more buckets of pebbles from the front garden. That's a job I need to space out to save my back. Also if I take just the top layer then the next bout of rain should clean up the layer below. As part of the general garden tidying the folded dumpy bags are now stored in a clean plastic tub in the garage. I finished off by bashing the dry soil from one of the turf piles on the lawn. The weeds will be going to the dump. I don't have the space for a compost heap and I've never been too successful in making compost and at the dump they do it on an industrial scale. At least the plant material isn't being wasted though my garden doesn't benefit.
To add to my daily Duolingo I've been working on / singing along to some Welsh songs. This one - Yr Wylan Fry/The Free Seabird is currently distracting me especially since I worked out how to keep it repeating without having to catch the replay icon. I wrote out the words in both Welsh and English and recognised a lot of the words even though it's South Welsh but I'm sure it will help my pronnuciation
 A few more photos from the craft fair.
Lino prints.


One thing we're not short of on our beach is driftwood but I don't think I'd be able to make anything like these. The osprey was just incredible.

1 comment:

happyone said...

A breeze is nice on a warm day. :)