Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 31 May 2022

Heavy Showers.

It's been a day of heavy showers that eased off by the afternoon.

I was able to capture some of the wonderful sea colours in between showers. 
It really was that green.
While we were eating breakfast I spotted a couple of goldfinches feeding on the thrift seed heads. 
Our job for the day was to put up the other three blackout blinds at the sitting room windows. It was one of those jobs which seemed simple but after some of the plasterboard fittings proved faulty and somebody (possibly me) miscalulated the measurements for placing the brackets it took quite a while. Before cleaning up I mixed up some Polyfiller and repaired the plaster down one side of the window which had cracked away when the horrible old bay window was taken off. From there I moved on to filling in the gap which appeared around the door frame into the sitting room. Those two jobs done it was time to hoover up all the plaster dust from putting up the blinds. Naturally I didn't stop at just the sitting room but went round the whole place getting to all the corners the daily swiffering doesn't reach. And then I decided it was time to wash the floors too so the whole place got a wash. At least I have a decent sponge mop for that job.
The rest of my day was taken up with baking biscuits as not only do we have a street party to go to on Sunday but we're visiting a friend later in the week and I want to take along some biscuits. They've still got to be iced but I'm not that happy with them. I wanted to make some 'dainty' biscuits but I still chose standard sized cutters and also forgot that biscuits spread a little during baking. Petit fours they are not. They look paler in the photo than they really are but they are a type of sugar biscuit and meant to be pale and interesting. I say type of because naturally I strayed from the recipe, one lot have salted caramel flavouring and the others have coconut powder added. Mainly because I happened to have those in the cupboard. 
All that cleaning and baking has worn me out. I'm really not cut out to be a housewife. And I've yet to do any of my daily routine let alone gardening or sitting out on the terrace though it has been quite cold out there.
 

No comments: