Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 25 May 2022

Cloudy.

Cloudy today with moments of sun.
Back to the zoo this morning for more weeding. Weeds are popping up everywhere and it was hard to know where to begin. I started by tackling the flower beds so that I could plant out the hardy geraniums I had brought from home.
That done I moved to the woodchip in the big play area. Normally I would work on my hands and knees pulling up every weed but time was running out and the weeds were rampant. Instead I went for speed over accuracy and hoed and raked over the wood chip to get the worst of the weeds out. Even so I didn't get it all done and the far corner will need to be done next week.
One of the other volunteers strimmed around the no-mow wildflower meadow and made a path through the middle as well. My home-made sign now sits among the wildflowers. (I counted eight different flowers already.) There was what would have been a wonderful photo-op when Mrs Pea stood in front of the sign with her head cocked as if she was reading it. She then went and had a lovely dust bath in the woodchip. Sadly my camera was still in the car.
Buttercups in the pygmy goats' meadow. I guess goats don't eat buttercups.
By the time I chatted to some of the other volunteers and then took a few photos I didn't leave the zoo until nearly 4.00.
Driving home I could see a crowd of coastguards up on the cliff taking part in a training exercise. I would have fitted right in with my yellow jacket though I think theirs are a lot cleaner than mine.
All I felt like doing then was sitting out on the terrace with a coffee and contemplating the sea.

 

No comments: