Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 10 May 2022

Sunny.

Cloudy inland, sunny at the coast with a brisk warm wind.
I took these first photos as I walked down to the shop. I needed to get some cash from the Post Office counter and wanted a couple of things from the shop too. These days we have to expect to find some items unavailable form time to time. Peter hadn't been able to find any pretzels (nibbles for Eurovision) in Morrisons and they didn't have any here either. I was tempted to buy a bag of Bombay Mix but it's a bit high calorie. Also no Earl Grey tea, plenty of fruity and herbal teas but just an empty space above the shelf label. I knew I had a lot to get on with today so I didn't go for a walk along the beach.

Instead I came home and worked on the raised beds. As well as emptying the second dumpy bag I also emptied out various pots and planters around the place. One extra large tub in the back garden proved to be a bit of a disappointment when I discovered that instead of being full of compost half of the volume was taken up with bricks and broken concrete. By the time I'd finished both raised beds were full but once I'd walked over the soil to compress it it became clear that while I could just plant up the terrace bed it could really do with more. The side bed is ready to plant but the sun and wind made the conditions too drying so I curbed my impatience.
By the time I'd done some DuoLingo, ridden the exercise bike and tackled today's Wordle which I thought was rather hard (it came to me in a flash and I got it in three) it was time for more gardening. Just some pruning and general tidying up.

 

No comments: