Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 30 May 2022

Showers.

A day of frequent showers with more sun in the afternoon.
I had a very early start to the day having been woken at dawn, (4.15) by the noisy singing of birds. I was up before 6.00 which meant I did my DuoLingo, played the piano and cycled all before breakfast. I also got out my mat and tried to remember my floor exercise routine. I've found a pilates class in the village but want to have a week of exercising at home first.
As I cycled I watched the changing colours of the sea which unfortunately I couldn't capture with my camera. The sea went from silver to grey and then duck-egg blue to deepest green/ turquoise and every shade in between. I was thinking about the brief sighting we had of a dolphin out by the reef last night when lo and behold there it was again slowly surfacing by the reef. I jumped off the bike, grabbed my binoculars and watched the dolphin make its way up to the cliff and then along down the coast. Plenty of clear sightings accompanied by loud splashes as it surfaced for air.
With the morning being quite wet Peter put up the extra coat hooks in the utility room. I was wondering why we hadn't put in the white buttons over the screw heads when we put up the first set of hooks and then I remembered that it was one of the builders who put them up. The builder who made such a mess of the tiles. He obviously doesn't have an eye for details.
While Peter did that I moved the old metal gates up from the front garden. I've a plan to use them to support the sugar snap peas I'm going to plant. Then I tackled a job that's been bugging me for a while - checking the state of the loft. I had been avoiding going up there as I didn't want to find more condesation and soggy cardboard boxes. However when I climbed the ladder I was able to breathe a sigh of relief as everything seemed to have dried out. That meant I could flatten all the boxes I'd been saving in the bathroom and they can go out with the recycling. Our current builder came round in the afternoon and I was able to give him the measurements of the window we want to put in the bathroom. It will be at least 2 months before that arrives.
With things brightening up I was able to do more planting in the back garden. Peter caught me carrying a small but heavy concrete planter up from the front garden. I used that and a second that I'd brought up earlier, to plant two clematis for the trellis in the passageway by the garage. I thought that was all the clematis but I've found one more in another pot that needs a home. Maybe I'll try it in the front garden.
 

2 comments:

happyone said...

Wow you had an early start!!

Bovey Belle said...

Hi Ruta. Thought I would come and visit. We waited 6 mths to have our bathroom fitted - it sat out in the stables gathering dust whilst we found a more reliable plumber to fit us into his busy schedule. Hope yours is done sooner.