Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 14 May 2022

Sunny.

Warm and sunny today though a bit cooler in the shade. Perfect for drying the washing which I did even though I didn't have a full load as we're due for wetter weather soon. It was so nice that out came my shorts. A very old pair for working in the garden and a smarter pair, which I'm still wearing, for around the house.
Lots of good things happening today. First was the lovely weather, next was finding I only need to lose 3 lbs to get to my target of 2 stone lost. And then there was a craft fair to go to. Not the crochet doll over a toilet roll type of craft fair but beautiful items from some of the many local artists/ artisans. 
Normally when I go shopping I enjoy hunting out bargains either in the reduced/sale areas or in the charity shops. For the craft fair I have to change my mindset and instead see it as an opportunity to support local artists while buying unique presents or beautiful things for the home.
I had a nice time chatting to the stall holders, for a start I always ask permission before I take photos. Everyone was happy and a couple even seemed disappointed when I explained that the photos were only for personal use and my blog. I even got to use some Welsh. Not a lot, just a few words but it's a start.

I bought some hand made cards, one present (for someone who may possibly read this blog) and this quirky porcelain bird for myself.
Having refreshed my spirit looking at beautiful things I walked home past the many visitors here enjoying the lovely weather.
At home Peter had been working on the new drain cover which he's having to raise up so that it will be level with the paving rather than under it. He's almost finished, just got to cement in some paving which he's already cut to size. He also drilled some drainage holes in a concrete planter that didn't have any for some reason.
I worked in the front garden, first putting all the rubble from the tiles, into heavy duty bags which we can take down to the dump. The builder would have taken them for us but there's no point in paying him to do something that we can do ourselves. The builder was here this morning to secure the fibreglass roof that sits over my study and the utility. During the worst of the storms the wind was getting underneath it and lifting it slightly which had me worried. It's now been fixed securely so that the wind can't get in.
Having tidied up the rubble I finished off by weeding and cutting the edge of the grass by the azaleas to make it look a bit tidier. I also put out the silver spheres for a bit of fun. They were only cheap so I don't expect them to stay shiny for long but it's the shape that I like.
I had an hour sitting out on the terrace before coming in to do the ironing and now blogging which I will follow with DuoLingo.
Supper tonight is going to be quiche, salad and snacks while we watch Eurovision. I wonder how long we will be able to stay awake as it goes on until nearly midnight. There's a rumour that the UK might actually get some points this year.
 

1 comment:

happyone said...

Your garden is looking so nice.