Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 26 May 2022

Stormy.

Very grey today with a strong southerly wind whipping up the waves. Fortunately the wind was blowing from the south so while cold for May, Brr! the wind had a warm feel to it. It rained once which was enough to send me racing to get my work clothes from the zoo in off the line. The sun began to break through in the evening and there was a pretty but brief sunset.
Speedy was very happy this morning. I'd woken at 6.00 and as it was looking grim outside I went and let him in and naturally gave him his breakfast of dry food. I went back to bed and dozed off until Peter got up at 8.00 to make that reviving first mug of tea. Whereupon Speedy manage to convince Peter to give him a second breakfast and ate most of it. He wasn't so thrilled to have a reduced evening meal of tinned food.
All too soon it was time to prepare for our Welsh class. It was quite hard today as we tried to get our heads around using the past tense specifically 'did' which has different forms for I/you/he-she/ we/they/you pl and is also used with verbs to give the past tense. Think did for the ed we use in English. I'm sure I'll get the hang of it eventually.
After class I felt the need to be outside so on went my big yellow coat and off I went to move bricks, 76 of them from the front garden to behind the street wall. I carried the bricks down to the flat bed trolly at the gate and then pushed the trolley along the pavement up to the street wall and stacked the bricks ready for putting troughs on.  The bricks are made of concrete and considerably heavier than standard clay bricks so I only put ten of them on the trolley at a time. No point in either damaging myself or the trolley. I now have 7 neat stacks of bricks by the street wall and an empty space in the front garden and the satisfaction of another job done. The plumber came round later and hopefully will be coming soon to move the external boiler over by 2 inches so that the kitchen sink waste pipe can run behind it to a working drain. It will be nice not to have to keep throwing the washing up water over the terrace.

 

No comments: