Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 13 March 2016

20C.

Today has been sunshine all the way. It seems hard to believe that only a few days ago I could see my breath as I worked in the conservatory. This morning, out of the wind the garden thermometer read 20C. Before going out for a day's gardening instead of applying my usual moisturiser I used sunblock on my face and the back of my neck (to protect my tattoo). 
Not only did we have sun but there was a breeze as well. A perfect day to use my new washing line for the first time. Another bonus is that it is high enough  that I don't need to duck as I walk under it.  
My gardening job for today was to carry on weeding the grass bed. I still need to do the bit I carefully kept out of shot but I think it looks a lot better now. While I was busying away outside Peter finally put Windows Office Pro on my pc. That will make things easier for work instead of having to use my lap top and then copying documents on to a pen drive. 
After my gardening I had a shower then sat outside to finish drying off my hair in the sun. And in honour of the sun I wore a pair of shorts, with my sheepskin slippers and a fleece because it wasn't that warm. A noisy flock of small birds had settled in a nearby tree, much nicer than the cawing rooks.
A comma butterfly catching the sun on the hedge.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Beautiful daffodil. Spring is here now!! : )