Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 18 March 2016

Painting Day.

We've had frost for the last few mornings which has taken away my guilt at not starting mowing yet. The wind has been cold but for most of the day we had bright sunshine.
Today I planned to do some painting; touching up a few places in the bedrooms, going over a stained patch in the sitting room and then seeing what else needed doing. All was going well until while holding the paint in one hand I tried to catch something that was falling with the other and I ended up with the OPEN paint tin upside down on the NEW sitting room carpet. YIKES! does not exactly describe what I said at that point. I scooped up the white paint then as luckily it was a water based painted I washed off the worst with a cloth before getting out my trusty Vax. The reason I love my Vax so much is that it takes only a few minutes to convert it from a hoover into a carpet washer. In no time at all the carpet was clean and just as importantly almost dry. Having got over that drama I sanded and washed the woodwork around the porch. While that was drying I washed and treated the beams in the conservatory. Then I was back outside painting a first coat of gloss on the porch woodwork. 
After all that work I decided to take a break sitting out in the sun with a cup of coffee and for a change some sweet potato crisps made in the microwave without any fat. They were quite nice sprinkled with a little salt. 
It started to feel a bit cold but the sun was shining so I put on my gardening coat and cut back a clump of honeysuckle that was threatening to take over a nearby rose bush. I finished off with some weeding down in the bog garden. I don't think it's going to be flooded again this spring so it's time to scrape off the layer of silt from the path and have a general tidy up.

2 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like you handled the paint disaster like a pro. : )
I have one of those microwave crisp makers too. They are great.
I love your front entrance - I know I've said that many times.

Harriet said...

Oh, Ruta, I sure could see the paint can spilling. Although I sympathize with you, this is exactly the kind of accident I am prone to....doing too much at one time. Glad you were able to save your carpet. Many years ago, our son helped by smearing about 1/2 can of Crisco..read veg. shortening...into brand new carpet. I quickly spread corn meal and began what became a very difficult clean up.