Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Wednesday 9 March 2016

Windy.

A gale has been blowing all day long. As I sat at my pc I could see small branches sailing past the window and the trees have been swaying dramatically. When I drove to work at lunchtime there was a small flood at the bottom of the Lewis' hill even though we didn't have any rain here. There were quite a few branches scattered across the roads and I have to admit to speeding up as I drove under the tall trees at Burridge. I was thinking that any unstable trees would have fallen down in the winds we had last week but on my homeward journey the road through the residential streets at the back of Pilton was closed. The positioning of the Road Closed sign was such that I along with a long line of traffic had to make a U-turn and then go back to join the traffic queue caused by the roadworks on the Braunton road.
It had been very grey in the morning and I was expecting the heavy rain I had heard the weatherman talking about but by the late afternoon the wind had blown the clouds away. The wind had also blown down a plastic chair and a lot of plastic sheeting down from my neighbour's work area. Hopefully they won't take too long to clear it up.
During the morning I cut the wood for a final bit of boxing to cover the sink pipes in the yellow bedroom. That's the last of the bedroom sinks to be tidied up. As I wasn't sure what wood I had I didn't plan how I was going to join the 2 pieces of wood together (the sink is in the corner of the room). I was hoping for inspiration once the wood was cut and was sort of hoping that the 2 pieces was just sit together which they do - almost. It has to be something that comes apart as the wood is shaped at the top to fit the sink so it can't be made as a fixed unit. I'll have to sleep on it and see what  fixings we've got.

No comments: