Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Sunday 6 March 2016

Mothering Sunday.

It's Mothering Sunday and not only did I have these lovely flowers from Vytas to enjoy but Romas rang in the morning and we had a long chat.  
After a lie-in listening to the latest listening to the Rob's latest evil doings  in The Archers I treated myself to a whole day of gardening.

First I completed my work at the end of the hens' run. Every nettle and bramble root has been dug out and I took out the last remaining wooden fence post that was in there. I've reworked the slope a bit and already planted some of the scrambling hardy geranium in the steep corner. I was thankful for my old gardening coat when a long stem of the Rambling Rector rose tried to grab me with its wicked thorns. 
I had a rethink about the washing line and decided that the wobbly willow tree is past any usefulness. It will probably be cut down the next time somebody is cutting logs with the chain saw. Instead I fixed an old scaffolding pole at the edge of the concrete. I dug down as far as I could then used stones and a bucket of cement to fix it in place. I plan to run the line in a V shape from either end of the wooden shed. As there isn't anything to fix the rope to on the pole I came up with the idea of slotting an old iron gate hinge into the top of the pole. The tube at the end of the hinge will be just right to run the washing line through. I also moved the path through the veg plot so that it is a bit more central. Gardening took up most of my day, I had some school work to do and a bit of painting then my work was done.

1 comment:

happyone said...

Happy Mothering Sunday to you.
The flowers are beautiful. : )