Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Saturday 5 March 2016

Coffee With Friends.

I've had an enjoyable day starting with meeting 2 friends in town for coffee, cheesecake and lots of chat. It's great meeting up to share our latest news and generally put the world to rights. I had books to return to the library and another bag for the charity shop. In return though I ambled around some shops I only bought some cherry tomatoes for Peter.
Returning home I came across 2 Canada geese wandering around the garden. They're messy birds so I was quite happy when they got fed up of being photographed and flew off to the lake. 
It's been mainly sunny with a chill wind and the occasional spell of dark grey clouds. Not knowing how long it was going to stay dry for I decided to start with some gardening. There was a patch at the top of the rockery that needed weeding including some brambles that were making an appearance. Then I returned to grubbing about at the bottom of the hens' run to fill my bucket with grass and nettle roots and one enormous bramble root. While I was outside the postman turned up not bearing any Mothers' day cards! Later on the florist came with a beautiful bouquet of purple and white flowers from Vytas.
When I did make it back indoors I did some last (I hope) touch up painting in one of the spare bedrooms before taking a rest with Squeaky on my lap. 
 Patch modelling some gypsophila. 
Evening sky.

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Patch looks regal. Happy Mother's Day to you, Ruta.