Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Tuesday 8 March 2016

Rainy.

It felt a little warmer today but was generally grey with intermittent rain. I was teaching all day so had to be up early, no lie-in today. There's a tummy bug going around the children at the moment, 5 of my class were away and we had to send another one home at lunchtime. I had been asked to do some DT with the children based on this term's theme of fairy tales. I chose The 3 Little Pigs  and after reading the story to the children they then made collage houses with a wolf that went up and down the chimney. I had cut out a selection of brick and tile photos for the children to use with windows and doors that they had to cut out themselves as well as drawing their own wolf. That way every house was different. I never like to see them all doing the same thing when it's supposed to be a creative activity. 
After school I went down to the Co-Op for some fresh fruit and vegetables arriving home before 5.00 when I took these photos of the clouds sitting down on top of the hills. 


3 comments:

happyone said...

Sounds like a fun activity for the kids. : )
We had another spring like day.

Harriet said...

Spring is here in Michigan and early to say the least. Today is sunny and quite warm. I'm copying you and weeding in a bit. The purple flower, I don't recognize, lovely.

Ruta M. said...

I don't know what it is either but really like the deep colour.