Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Thursday 31 March 2016

Sun.

We had a hard frost this morning but the rest of the day has been a beautiful Spring day. Perfect for hanging out several loads of washing.
I split my day between the conservatory and the outbuildings. I can see an end in sight for the conservatory but I needed to properly clean out one area in the outbuildings so that I had somewhere to move all the bits of wood, or to be more accurate some wood and a lot of chipboard to. I also took up 2 of the big 4ft x 4ft panels that were used to make the gaming table. I could lift them but it was awkward on my back so I rolled them up the drive like giant square wheels which was a bit easier. There is still the original table but that is 2 pieces hinged together and I didn't want to try moving that. Neither of the boys came home this holiday so I'm getting on with things as best as I can.  All the boxes at the far end of the conservatory, apart from the angle grinder, contain miniature figures, paints and tools. Wargaming was a hobby shared by Peter and the boys and many happy hours were spent making and painstakingly painting the figures in preparation for long wargame battles fought with dice and complex rules. But enough is enough and we need to clear out all the surplus figures. I expect Peter will have time for wargaming when he retires and there is a big dragon that I intend to paint - one day.
As it was such a lovely day and we don't get those that often, I took time out to sit and read in the sun accompanied by cats, book, coffee and something to eat. I bought this Polish sourdough  rye bread with sunflower seeds yesterday in Tesco's and it was so full of flavour it was nice enough to eat on its own. It was even nicer with a bit of Polish plum jam.
For a while we the sun was hidden by bigger clouds which sent me back to my work in the conservatory but from late afternoon the sky was clear and right now there is not a cloud to be seen.
Looking at the hedge I'm beginning to come round to Peter's view that it would be better to get rid of it. The browning is due to the winter winds showing just how much protection even the leafless trees on the far boundary gave so the apple trees may suffer. However it will make that part of the garden look much bigger and allow the afternoon sun  to shine on the vegetable garden. 

1 comment:

happyone said...

I love all kinds of bread. That looks delicious. Beautiful clouds.