Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Monday 14 March 2016

Sunny.

The sun was out again today but there was a cold wind and the morning started with frost. Much as I was tempted to work outside I needed to get on with tidying up Romas' bedroom. However there were quite a lot of cardboard boxes so I had a bonfire up in the hens' run. That was easier than waiting until I could take them to the dump.
At school I decided to teach the children about Palm Sunday for their RE lesson. I find it sad that most of our children know very little of the Christian year. Next week I'll teach them a bit about Easter so that their knowledge extends beyond chocolate eggs and the Easter Bunny.
After school I went into town. First stop was the library where I got a bit cross when the machine said I owed £3.75. Some of that was for 2 books which I know I renewed to today and then part was for a reservation fee which I had just paid when I reserved the next Game of Thrones book and then there was an extra small amount for not having paid the reservation fee!? It took the librarian a while to sort it all out and void the extra fees. I don't mind paying when my books are overdue but not for a computer mix up. Then I went to 2 shops where the things I wanted were sold out but due back in soon which was slightly irritating but I cheered up after buying reduced fruit and veg in the Co-Op including a couple of mangoes.
On my way home I stopped in the gateway to Youlston Park to take a photo of the cheery daffodils by the road to Shirwell.
Then I took a photo in the other direction and finally one through the gates into Youlston Park.
Once home it was time to take the rubbish up to the road. I also took a shovel and made a flat space for the wheelie bin to stand on. 
 We must have some giant moles judging by the size of these 'hills' that have appeared on the verges. 

1 comment:

Harriet said...

Your photo of daffodils made me smile. I think people who plant flowers simply to beautify an area and give motorists a smile deserve a big thank you.