Welcome to family, friends and visitors. Here you will find interesting (hopefully) pictures of my part of the world, news of our household and probably, long ramblings about anything that catches my interest.

Friday 11 March 2016

Sunny.

The sun was shining again  this morning. Now that the table has gone (the lady who bought it rang me up last night to say how much she loves it which gave me a nice feeling), the next thing to try and sell is our big tent. With Peter's arthritis I don't envisage much camping and neither of the boys want it. Remembering the days of heavy canvas tents which went horribly musty if they were put away even slightly damp I thought I'd better air the tent in the sun. In fact although we haven't used it since we went to the Isles of Scilly several years ago the nylon fabric was fresh with not a trace of mustiness. 
I swept the centre of the paving before I laid out the tent and then  while it was airing I went round the rest of the paving on my hands and knees, weeding, scraping off any moss and sweeping. Once I'd rolled the tent up and packed it away I had a rest in the sun with my book and a coffee. 
The afternoon became overcast which encouraged me to get on with more gardening. This time I had a bramble pulling session in the 'woodland' strip at the top of the  garden. I cut back any branches threatening to poke the unwary in the eye and as well as the brambles I pulled up all the raspberry canes that had spread along the whole length of the bank. I extended my bramble pulling to the verges of the drive just above the garden. We don't want to have  our cars scratched every time we go along the drive. Any brambles I couldn't pull out were cut back with my handy loppers. A good day's work I think.

No comments: